So those of you who know Itty Bitty beyond our event planning know that when it’s autumn we’ve got football on the brain. We’re huge football fans & we love getting together with friends & watching our teams go for glory. Tailgating is almost deemed religion in the south (where I’m from) and not only do you dress in your finest team-wear, you also put together one heck of a tailgate. More tips to come from Kathleen on throwing a fabulous tailgating party – stay tuned later this week!
But for those of us who can’t always return to our collegiate homes for a game can still enjoy the company of good friends & a good game in the comforts of our homes. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite party tips & recipes for you to try at your next sporting event!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (2.1-oz.) package fully cooked bacon slices
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Garnishes: cooked, crumbled bacon; sliced fresh chives; freshly cracked pepper
- Serve with: waffle fries
- Microwave bacon according to package directions until crisp; drain on paper towels. Cool 10 minutes; crumble. Stir together bacon and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crispy, warm waffle fries.
Want to bring a sweet treat to your next football viewing party? Check out Shari’s Berries. These adorable little berries are sure to earn you compliments as well as being the perfect balance to those starchy football treats!
Take a timeout to thank your guests!
The say thank you with these festive tags from SpaceshipsLaserBeams on Etsy.
Your football guests will be tickled to see these adorable favors awaiting them when they arrive. Etsy is a great place to find printables that you can attach to a bag with either pretzels, popcorn or other fun football munchies (our favorite is Pirate Booty!).
Tell us about your favorite football recipes & party tips!