It’s almost Father’s Day. We know how important a role Dad plays on the big day. Last year we shared some of our favorite Father + Daughter dance songs. This year, we came across Life To Her Years which shares 50 Life Lessons for Dad’s to bestow on their daughters. We nabbed our favorite ones to share with you. We feel like this perfectly sums up what Sunday is all about. You can read the entire list here.
2. Always be there. Quality time doesn’t happen without quantity time. Hang out together for no other reason than just to be in each other’s presence. Be genuinely interested in the things that interest her. She needs her dad to be involved in her life at every stage. Don’t just sit idly by while she adds years to her life… add life to her years.
6. Buy her a glove and teach her to throw a baseball. Make her proud to throw like a girl… a girl with a wicked slider.
7. She will fight with her mother. Choose sides wisely.
12. It’s never too early to start teaching her about money. She will still probably suck you dry as a teenager… and on her wedding day.
15. Dance with her. Start when she’s a little girl or even when she’s a baby. Don’t wait until her wedding day.
18. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise.
22. She’s as smart as any boy. Make sure she knows that.
39. Holding her upside down by the legs while she giggles and screams uncontrollably is great for your biceps. WARNING: She has no concept of muscle fatigue.
42. Let her know she can always come home. No matter what.
48. Ice cream covers over a multitude of sins. Know her favorite flavor.